Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Has it just not hit me yet?

Cookie just left for her visit. Her last visit before going home on Monday. As I putter through the house, getting myself together for the day, I'm seeing things here and there that will need to be packed to go with her. And I'm not crying. My eyes are not swelling with tears.

Is it possible that I've made my peace with it?

I don't know. I know I was really having a hard time this weekend while Cookie was gone. I wondered if it would be easier or worse when she was gone for good and I knew she wasn't coming back. I still wonder.

I did tell the caseworker that all calls were off after the 19th. I'm thinking that may not have been the wisest thing to do. Maybe I need to be available for a little transition time in case mom has a panic about something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment